2006 – 2008
8 storey office tower behind a heritage-listed facade. The site for this building includes the Duke of Wellington Hotel built in 1850. Having continuously operated as a pub since 1853 this is the oldest licensed hotel in Melbourne.
The new building sits behind the existing building in what would have been the service yard. A separate entry to the office tower has been created on the site of a 1914 addition to the hotel on Russell Street. The pub is to remain and extend into the three lower levels of the new building
Katharine Dettmann, Geoff Crosby