8 storey office tower behind a heritage-listed facade. The site for this building includes the Duke of Wellington Hotel built in 1850. Having continuously operated as a pub since 1853 this is the oldest licensed hotel in Melbourne. The new building sits behind the existing building in what would have been the service yard. A separate entry to the office tower has been created on the site of a 1914 addition to the hotel on Russell Street. The pub is to remain and extend into the three lower levels of the new building.
client Shalva Investments Pty Ltd
location corner of Flinders and Russell St, Melbourne
site area 705m2
building area 3,000m2