River Nile Learning Centre – 2006
Master planning and refurbishment of a series of Church buildings to better serve the local community.
The bluestone church was first erected in the original Footscray City centre, at the corner of Cowper and Bunbury Streets. In 1888 it was moved, legend has it piece by piece in a wheelbarrow, to it’s current site in Pickett Street. When the new red brick Church was built in 1891, the bluestone building became the Sunday School.
Over the years the building has hosted dancing classes and a Migrant Resource Centre. In 2006 Crosby Architects were engaged to design a sensitive refurbishment of the site to better serve the needs of various church and community groups.
Unfortunately lack of funding meant this project did not proceed to works on site.